cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Wifi speed drops and disconnects or connection to internet non existant

zarab89
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 26

I have recently been sent a new talk talk router when we started another broadband contract. In the last couple of weeks we keep experiencing issues where the connection speed will drop to around 1-2 Mbps with upload speed around the same after a few hours of being on. My package is for 65Mbps speed.

Every day I have to factory reset my router to get it to work again. Fair enough factory resetting the router does seem to solve the issue, however I cant help but feel this shouldnt happen every few hours in the first place.

I have been on long talks with support and ran through all the trouble shooting steps every time, every time the thing that resolves the issue is a factory reset. Surely the router should just work for at least 24 hours without needing a factory reset constantly? I feel like its faulty or something.

We didnt have these issues with the old router although we did have constant disconnections which seemed to get fixed after a few engineer visits and them doing some work on the lines outside my property. 

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

Message 21 of 26

Hi @zarab89 

Do you still need help with this?

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

0 Likes

Message 22 of 26

Hi zarab89

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 26

Hi @zarab89 

To keep being told to do a factory reset is not diagnosing the problem at all. Is this affecting wired (Ethernet) connections to the router, if you have any, or is it just wireless ones? Which make/model of router do you have?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

zarab89
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 26

no, was asked to send it back once we received the new one. Yeah I figured nothing will get done for a while. Im at work though and need internet to do my job, really frustrating

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 26

Do you still have the old router, @zarab89?

Might be worth trying, if so.

Staff are mostly away over the Bank Holiday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes