cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Replacement Router

Calidar
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

The power button on my router is faulty and only powers on the device when it's held in.

This a known issue:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre/Router-power-button/td-p/2718931

I contacted customer services 2 weeks ago and requested a replacement router and was told it was ordered.

I contacted customer services today and was told that they could see the checks run on my line that should have resulted in one being ordered but the agent never actually ordered it, i was told after 30 minutes on the phone, mostly on hold that they would need to run those same checks again to get another replacement ordered.

Obviously by now i've taped the power button down and so those checks will reveal no issues, but the router clearly needs replacing and service frequently drops out.

Please send me a replacement.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Calidar

That's great, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Calidar
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 6

Thank you Debbie, the replacement arrived today and is working well.

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 6

Hi Calidar

Apologies for this.

I have ordered you a replacement router and a returns bag for your current router.

Please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive. Let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Calidar
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

updated

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Hi,
You are in the staff's queue for a response, but bearing in mind it's Easter you may not get a response until next week.
For a quicker reply can you please ensure you have your personal information up to date in your profile including your TalkTalk landline phone number so your account can be traced. Link here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info
If you are unsure of your phone number, you can find this in My Account or dial 17070 from your landline phone and this will confirm the number for you.
Please post back when done.
Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).