cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Returning my Equipment

Arcane_Elder
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

I have recieved in the post today a package from TalkTalk asking for me to return my equipment to them. I have not recieved any new equipment, I still have an active account and I am up to date with my payments etc.

I am wondering if this is to do with the CityFibre upgrade. We recently told the City Fibre representatives to not install or makes changes to the property as we do not own it, it would have to be the property management company that authorises these changes.

The letter I recieved today says that if I don't return the equipment I could be liable for a £50.00 charge which I would like to avoid if possible. Also I do not wish to lose access to the internet. 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10
0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Ok thank you for your support ! I`ll keep hold of the package just in case. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

OK thanks. I've escalated this advising that you have no equipment to return and the returns request appears to have been sent in error, just ignore the returns request, apologies for any inconvenience 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi Chris,

No I have only ever had broadband through TalkTalk, I don't have a TV box.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Do you have a YouView box, just wondering if the used equipment requested could be your TV box?

Chris

0 Likes

Arcane_Elder
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 6 of 10

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the information, no the broadband has been working fine and no faults have be reported recently. I have no idea why you would want my router or equipment back from me. 

I am more concerned about being charged £50 for not returning the router which is still required for internet access at the property. 

Thanks for your support anyway.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi Arcane_Elder,

I can't really see any reason why you would be asked to return equipment, have you reported a fault with the router recently?

Chris

0 Likes

Arcane_Elder
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

Updated on my profile 🙂

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Hi Arcane_Elder,

Could you please add your TalkTalk landline telephone number to your Community Profile and we'll take a look at this for you

Chris

0 Likes