cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router Problems

Lindula1
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

I have latest model router which I’ve had for a while. I don’t think that the 5Ghz band is working as it does not show up under any devices available Wi-Fi networks, even though I’ve named the 2 bands differently, & no devices are showing on the Wi-Fi hub as being connected to the 5Ghz. I may leave talktalk next month if I can’t resolve, as Wi-Fi is very slow at times, as contract is expiring, but does anyone know if I can just get a replacement router with them?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8
0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Morning,

How are you getting on, has the replacement router arrived?

Thanks

Michelle

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 8

Hi @Lindula1 

Without knowing what devices you have, there are two main reasons why you might not be able to see the 5GHz network:-

1. Do any of your devices support the 5GHz band?
  2. If they do, then the 5GHz channel may be too high for all devices to work. For maximum compatibility set it to use a channel in the range 36 to 48.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi @Lindula1 

Thanks for updating your Community Profile 🙂

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

0 Likes

Lindula1
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 8

Profile updated debbie

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hi Lindula1

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

It's usually not a problem getting a new router for testing purposes, @Lindula1, and you return the old one if the new one has resolved the issue. 

Make sure that you have completed your community forum profile details for Talktalk staff to identify your account. Go via your avatar; settings  etc. Personal  Information must be completed. SAVE CHANGES. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.