cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router failure

Wellspokengent
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

Hi my router/modem has failed. I was chatting for over an hour tonight to get it resolved having been through different plugs sockets etc ect but ended up going round in circles asking me to power cycle the unit when I said multiple times that the unit would not turn on. The agent eventually agreed to issue a new power cable but I know that this is not the issue as power gets through to the modem having used a power tester pen on the cable and exterior of the router/modem. I need a new router issued asap to fix this issue please.

Thanks

Charles

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi Wellspokengent

Thanks for your reply.

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

You're a star, thank you - so much better than using the chat feature or the phone which proved fruitless and seemed to result in them going through the same script over and over when some commons sense would have resolved the issue quickly 🙂 (if you can please feed this back to your decision makers)

Message 3 of 8

OK Charles, I've ordered a replacement router, it should be with you within a couple of working days

Chris

Message 4 of 8

Hi Chris, it isn't. I'm borrowing a non-talktalk router as a stop gap measure. Same issue is still present.

Cheers,

Charles

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi Charles,

Just to confirm, is your router working now as it appears to be connected to the internet?

Chris

0 Likes

Wellspokengent
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

Hi, apologies, due to some account login oddness I'm actually on this account (which is linked to my TalkTalk contract). I've updated my details.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi Charles,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes