cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router firmware upgrade request

Chrace
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

Similar to VickyEJ's recent thread I also have problems with Whatsapp over Wifi.

I have tried opening up the XMPP port 5222 outbound (default Whatsapp messaging routing) to avoid having to use the failover 443 but it only fixed it temporarily.

As it seems to have worked for VickyEJ I'd like to request a firmware upgrade for the router please.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi Chrace

Has everything been working ok since your last post?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

It has, randomly, started working again today. There has been no updates to WhatsApp app or iOS itself.

I am rather suspicious of your network engineers fiddling with stuff.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi Chrace,

Thanks for the update, just let us know if you need any further assistance

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Hi Michelle,

No, still can't get it to work but I no longer think it's Talktalk related. I did have it working (at least for the past year) but it stopped working around Christmas time. Took me a while to detect.

I work in IT so can see this is pointing towards my device, but I can't see why.

- My wife's phone's whatsapp works over wifi

- My phone just had connection spinner on wifi within whatsapp

- All other applications on phone works fine over wifi

- As soon as I turn off wifi whatsapp connects and gets messages over cellular

- There were no changes to the phone at the time it started to fail, bar iOS updates but my wife has had those as well

Doing a complete delete/reinstall of Whatsapp does not resolve but does give some insight. The app connects to Whatspp servers for setup and settings, but then fails to connect as soon as it required to access messages. I could then send and receive 1 (one!) message before it completely locked up again.

I have had Homesafe completely off to test but without any further result.

For the time being feel free to close this request, and I will update should I find a resolution in case you have others with the same problem.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Morning,

Thanks for confirming. What happens when WhatsApp won't connect, do you see a specific error message? Has this previously worked and then stopped working? Are you using HomeSafe?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Morning Michelle. 

Thanks for doing the upgrade, much appreciated. 

Connection is seems fine (as always) but WhatsApp still cannot connect. I’m suspicious of the family filter but didn’t get a chance to test last night. Will update once I can confirm/deny its involvement. 

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Morning,

How has the connection been since the update?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Hi Chrace

I have updated your router firmware to the latest version - 158.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 12

I will ask TalkTalk to update it to V158, which is the latest version.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Chrace
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 10 of 12

Sagecom FAST5364 3.00

Software Version SG4K100136

GUI Version 5.6.1

The router will be on and available 23/01/23 with no one connected or using it 9am-5pm. Feel free to update remotely at any point during this time.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 12

What make/model of router do you have & what firmware is it currently running?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes