cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router has stopped sending wifi

Box Cottage
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Hi, our router has stopped sending wifi further than about 1 metre. It started about 4 days ago, we have good speed to the router, and an engineer was here last month fitting a new socket and testing the line. If you are within 1 metre of it then the wifi connection and internet is as expected. But if you are more than 1 metre away that then it gets almost no signal. We have tried a factory reset (5 times) but this has not fixed it. We assume therefore there is a fault in the router and would like to get a replacement. 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 4

Hi Box Cottage

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

If you still need help with WiFi coverage I can help a lot with this type of issue.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

@Box Cottage, you posted this under "billing".

It also didn't escalate into the workflow, so it has been overlooked. 

Have you got this sorted out?

I'll move your thread to the Broadband section of the forum. If you still need help with this, please post back to let us know, and I will make sure that it gets into the queue for attention. 

You will need to complete your community forum profile details for TT staff to identify your account. 

Please go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.