cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router has stopped working

Scraggio
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

Hi, 

My router seems to have stopped working. I've reset it many times and it doesn't connect and the lights go off and it doesn't show up as available on any of my devices. Any help would be appreciated.

Sean

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi

That's great news, thanks for confirming.

I've also sent you a quick PM.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Scraggio
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 2 of 10

Hello there,

I have received the new router and everything is working as it should, many thanks for the help.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi,

Router will be with you in the next day or two, please post back after it arrives and let us know if this has resolved the issue 🙂

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Thanks Debbie, I'm sure that my router has died so this will fix my problem.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi Scraggio

Apologies for this.

I have ordered you a replacement router for testing, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 6 of 10

Not really, the only thing connected to the router is my ps5 which is not connecting to the internet or even showing up as connected to the router. Have had my case escalated to a manager but I suspect the router has gone kaput

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 10

OK, are you able to try a wired connection at all?

Message 8 of 10

I have been on chat with support and they are currently running tests on the line. Its just strange that I can't see my router as a wireless device even though I have been able to before even when its not been able to connect to the internet. 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

Have you checked if your landline is working as normal? Have you tried connecting your router directly to the test socket if you have one? The support team here will pick this up as soon as they can when they are back online tomorrow.