cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router needs a restart everyday

Carty9862
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

Hi all, 

My hub keeps needing a restart at least once a day.

Both mine and my husbands smartphone can see our WiFi network but we are unable to browse or use any apps. Tried switching WiFi off and on on the phone, talktalk network still showing and phone not dropping out to our o2 mobile network.

Power off and on of the hub fixes it so cannot possibly be our phones.

I spent 2 hours online chat after which they could find no problems!! Obviously they couldn't because I'd restarted the hub yet again!!!

I've followed there advice to the letter but still not resolved and I can't face another 2 hour 'chat'

Any ideas please on how I can get Talktalk to take my problem seriously.

Thanks

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi @Carty9862 

I'm so glad to hear that the connection is working well 🙂

Apologies that this wasn't picked up on our chat service, I will feed this back.

I have sent you a Private Message with a link for a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hi Debbie

Everything is great and no restarts since I setup the new router. 

It's just a shame that it wasn't picked up during my online chat but was sorted immediately in the Community.

I know now any further problems it's Comminuty first.

Thanks Anne.

Message 3 of 9

Morning @Carty9862 

Just checking if everything was still working ok over the weekend?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi Michelle,

Router arrived late yesterday and all setup. Seem good as no restarts so far. 

Just for info, the white light on this router is very bright but on the old one almost invisible, possibly a sign of a router problem.

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Morning,

Just checking back in to see how you're getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Carty9862
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 9

Thanks for the quick response Karl. 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi

I'll get a new router out to you and see if this is the issue.  The new router should arrive within 48hrs.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes