cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router not assigning IP addresses

Goragon
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

Yesterday I came home and all my devices were unable to connect to the internet (Sky box, all mobile phones and Computers).

I tried the usual stuff turning the router off and on, resetting the router via the pinhole but still no joy,

I then phoned talktalk and they ran me through all the stuff I had already tried except for the leave it off for 20 min and turn back on.

They were unable to sort the problem and escalated it to the next level and I will get a call within 72 hours to help fix the problem.

After the call I tried troubleshooting the problem by myself and found that none of the devices are being assigned an IP address( wired or wireless), so I set about changing my computer to a static IP and managed to get back online.

I’ve logged into the router and all the setting seem fine, I turned DHCP off and back on but still unable to get the router to assign addresses can anyone think of anything else I can try?

I have a feeling I may need to replace the Router

At them moment I have a few things set to static but it’s not ideal.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Message 1 of 3

Hello,

I'm sorry for the delay. Thanks for the update and please let us know how you get on and if you need any assistance.

Thanks

0 Likes

Goragon
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 3

Just talked to talktalk via Twitter, they are going to send me a new Router, should take a few days I’ll let you know how I get on.

0 Likes