cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Renewing account

KannyKen
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 2

TalkTalk seem to be losing the plot. It is time to renew my account and the only option in the email they sent was Fibre35 so I called to ask why and they offered a free upgrade to Fibre65. When I dug deeper they admitted the quality of the copper would limit the speed to that of Fibre35 so was a worthless upgrade. My house is 600m from the cabinet and in the past BT Openreach admitted there is an "anomaly" about 13m from my house but not enough to warrant a repair so I am stuck. There are two issues with FTTC, firstly the copper limits what is possible and secondly being an asymmetric service is not keeping up with the growth in cloud usage as upload speed is becoming critical too.

But, and it is a big BUT for TalkTalk, there is new kid on the block. They went through our village including every side street and back alley laying fibreoptic cable so I already have an access box about 6 metres from where I am sat. The offer I favour is 600mbps for £26 per month 18 month contract then normal contract price of £49 per month. For an extra £9 per month I can have VoIP phone free calls anytime. That is 600mbps up and down.

Looks like a no brainer to me.

Some people call me Victor Meldrew. I don't believe it!
0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 2

Hi

It does sound as though you have come to a decision.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes