cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router not working

rchar46
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Our router has given up - there is just a sort of white light on it.  We have reset it (does the whole flashing orange light routine and then back to the white), checked cables, done everything possible we can but nothing is working.  Have just recontracted with TalkTalk so would like to get access reinstated as soon as possible - tried to contact chat but it isnt connecting (using mobile data obviously lol). 

Any advice on how I can get a new router?

Thanks

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi rchar46

Broadband tests are clear but i am seeing an issue on the copper side of the line.

Can you connect a phone handset and tell me if there is a clear dial tone ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

Which make/model of router do you have, by the sounds of it this might be:-

• Sagemcom 5364
  • Sagemcom 5464
  • Huawei DG8041W

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

Hey!  Wirelessly and so far we have tried 4 mobile phones and 2 tablets.  They find the router but can't connect to it at all.  I don't have anything I could use to try and cable connect to the Internet

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

If the light is on white, that should mean that it is connected to the internet OK. What sort of devices are you trying to use & how do they connect to the router (Ethernet or wireless)?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes