cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router slowly failing?

kaysee_sw
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

Hi All,

Over the last few days we've had frequent issues with devices losing internet connectivity.  Only a router reboot would bring everything back online.  Eventually found time to check things, and the router was failing to allocate IP addresses.  Giving all our devices a static IP kept them online without needing the router reboots, until today.  Suddenly the router isn't connecting to DSL anymore, and now it won't even show up as a wireless device.  A permanantly flashing orange light is all it will do.  The symptoms started about the same time as we installed a new talktalk supplied wifi extender as part of the beta trial, if that has any impact.  I've currently rolled back to a Draytek router to get back online, but this doesn't seem to work with the wifi extender.

Do I need to chase a replacement router?

KW
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hello,

No problem, please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes

kaysee_sw
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 7

Apologies, so she did!  I didn't get an email notification and hadn't refreshed the web page! 

Thank you Debbie!

KW
0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi @kaysee_sw

Debbie replied yesterday and has sent a replacement router to you that should arrive soon.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

kaysee_sw
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 7

Phone number added to profile, but no sign of any support team members - is there a way to contact directly?

KW
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Hi kaysee_sw

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've ordered you a replacement router and a returns bag for your old router.

Please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive. Let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi @kaysee_sw,

The support team here will be back tomorrow, and will be able to send you a replacement router if they think your current one is failing.

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include :

• Your name
  • Landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on (this is shown in ‘My Account’) OR your account number if you have Full Fibre with no landline
  • An alternative contact number

This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).