cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router software update D3782

vanphys
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

What does this mean?

"Type in the MAC address of the device you want to map to the internal IP address"

My router software needs updating - have been directed - after three hours on the telephone and finally refusing to do yet another internet check, to this article on "port forwarding"

The basic problem is that although I receive the internet perfectly for computers, it is not going through the power adaptors to the TV, so I cannot get any players or apps on the tv. The fault diagnosed by talktalk is that the router software is out of date and needs updating. I am on instruction (about 8.) which is asking for this.

No idea what to enter.  Any help much appreciated.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi vanphys

Add your home phone number to your 'Community Profile' so I can look into this for you.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 2 of 3

Hi @vanphys,

You can't update the firmware on TalkTalk supplied routers yourself, it can only be updated remotely by TalkTalk, the support team here on the community would be able to check your router when they are back tomorrow to see if it needs an update. However that is now a pretty old model of router, so it is possible they may suggest that they send you a more modern router if this old one is giving you problems.

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

If you have been given info on port forwarding then that is not directly related to updating your router firmware.

0 Likes