cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Sagemcom Router

Misery66
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Hello, I am looking to replace my old Sagemcom router. Recently I have been experiencing some strange events that have me concerned about the outdated security of the old router. I have lost a number of crypto transactions, which may be due to a third man attack redirecting my internet connection. I would like to beef up my security and replace the Sagemcom router with the Amazon eero router.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi

Would you like me to send a Sagemcom WIFI hub?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

To suffer the sort of attacks you describe, the hacker would have to be in very close proximity to your router, which I highly doubt. The default settings are the most secure.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Misery66
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 6

Hi, I had some test cyrpto transactions, from Ledger to Tangem and Tangem to trust wallet etc. None of which went through. I decided to change my router and bought a Asus RT-AX53U. I set it up as secure as possible (Youtube instuctions). The problem is that this router does not connet directly to the Internet, it is connected via a LAN port in the Sagemcom router.
I have tried the same crypto transactions with this set up and they have been successful (so far). I have disabled the wifi setting on the sagemcom router. I need some advice on which other settings to change in order to make the Sagemcom router as secure as possible.
Thanks.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

How are you connecting to the Sagemcom, via Ethernet or WiFi? What concerns do you have about the Sagemcom's security & why do you think that the Eero is better? With the sort of crypto issues you mention would be far more likely to be due to device, rather than router security. 

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi Misery66,

If you would like to use a third party router instead on the one we supply then that is fine.

Chris

0 Likes