cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Setting up a Chromecast Device on my talktalk router

MickP54
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 22

Hi

Am trying to set up a chromecast device but am receiving an error message from the SET UP wizard advising me it cant connect and to Disable AP isolation on my router to continue

Ive had a quick look at my router set up page (192.168.1.1) but its not obvious to me where I need to go

Can someone outline the steps I need to take to carry out this adjustment?

My router is 

TALKTALK260BAF

and my bands have been seperated

Many thanks

Mick

Mick Pope, TV engineer, grew up in the magic of the 60/70s when we reached for the stars and landed on the moon
0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21

Message 1 of 22

Hi Mick

No problem 🙂

Is there any reason you don't want the eero now?

0 Likes

MickP54
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 22

Thank you

Mick Pope, TV engineer, grew up in the magic of the 60/70s when we reached for the stars and landed on the moon

Message 3 of 22

Hi Mick

Have you received the eero? You can refuse delivery or return in the returns bag (that comes with in the box)

0 Likes

MickP54
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 22

Hi

I wish to cancel this order

Can you please make arrangements for this item to be returned

Thank you

Regards

0 Likes

Message 5 of 22
0 Likes

MickP54
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 22

Thank you for your help and attention

Mick

Message 7 of 22

Hi Mick

Thanks for your reply.

The eero is on its way, please allow 48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how you get on.

Debbie

0 Likes

MickP54
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 22

Yes please

Thank you

mick

Message 9 of 22

Hi Mick,

The eero has 2 ethernet ports. If you have VOIP too then the digital voice adapter would need to connect to one of the ports. If more ethernet connections are required then we'd advise on looking into a network switch.

Would you like us to send an eero?

Thanks

Michelle

MickP54
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 22

OK, so will I still have ethernet or will everything be on wifi?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 22

Hi Mick

Thanks for your reply.

The eero would replace your current WIFI hub.

Yes they are, I can link to a help page for help with set up.

0 Likes

MickP54
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 22

Yep, It's a WiFi Hub I have.......is an eero in addition to my wifi hub or would it replace it? Sorry, not used one before, are they easy to set up, got a range extender on my hub would I need to remove that?

Mick

0 Likes

Message 13 of 22

Hi Mick

I will order this for you, it looks like I can only order a eero now.

Are you currently using a WIFI hub?

0 Likes

MickP54
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 22

YES, please do, I would like to get this problem sorted,

Thank you

Message 15 of 22

Thanks Keith.

@MickP54 - Are you happy for me to send a replacement router?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 22

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk

There is nothing wrong as such (the firewall in the router is on medium), but it does not work. Could you please try a replacement router?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 17 of 22
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 22

Hi @MickP54 

Alas CS50001 is just part of Sagemcom's address in France, but it is near enough. You either have either of these two routers:-

1. Sagemcom FAST 5364 (aka WiFi Hub)
  2. Sagemcom FAST 5464 (aka WiFi Hub 2)

AP Isolation is disabled and is not configurable from the router's UI.

Can you give me the Chromcast's WiFi specification please, so I can try & help you?

Please can you also log into the router & get me the System Log entries for the time period of a failed connection attempt? You can do this by going to:-

Dashboard > See internet settings > Manage advanced settings > TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub > Maintenance > Logs

Don't be alarmed by the number of DNS entries in the log, just copy & paste everything from that time period into a PM (to protect your privacy) and send it to me.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 19 of 22

HI MickP54

I can see that Keith has offered to help.

KeithFrench is one of our valued Community Stars and can help with a range of issues related to wireless and networking. At times he may ask you to send him test results via a Private Message to help analyse/diagnose an issue.  Although Keith does not work for TalkTalk, he very kindly shares his time and knowledge to help with others.  If you need further help or, if we need to take any details such as personal information about your account like phone numbers, account numbers etc.  one of the TalkTalk team will jump in and help out.

0 Likes

MickP54
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 22

Sagecom CS50001

0 Likes