cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Setting up a Chromecast Device on my talktalk router

MickP54
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 22

Hi

Am trying to set up a chromecast device but am receiving an error message from the SET UP wizard advising me it cant connect and to Disable AP isolation on my router to continue

Ive had a quick look at my router set up page (192.168.1.1) but its not obvious to me where I need to go

Can someone outline the steps I need to take to carry out this adjustment?

My router is 

TALKTALK260BAF

and my bands have been seperated

Many thanks

Mick

Mick Pope, TV engineer, grew up in the magic of the 60/70s when we reached for the stars and landed on the moon
0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 22

That is the router's wireless network name (SSID), not the make model of router, that is normally behind a removable plastic panel. If you could please advise which router that you have, I can help you further.

The information below is provided by TalkTalk, for confirmation please contact @Debbie-TalkTalk or@Michelle-TalkTalk.

KeithFrench is one of our valued Community Stars and can help with a range of issues related to wireless and networking. At times he may ask you to send him test results via a Private Message to help analyse/diagnose an issue. Although Keith does not work for TalkTalk, he very kindly shares his time and knowledge to help with others.

If you need further help or, if we need to take any details such as personal information about your account like phone numbers, account numbers etc. one of the TalkTalk team will jump in and help out.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes