cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Shocking service

Joanne52
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

I had TalkTalk broadband installed at the start of April, since the very beginning the wifi would always go off between midnight and 1am on a Sunday. I thought weird but whatever. The connection got progressively worse so I reported it 3 weeks ago. At this point it was basically unusable. 

an engineer was sent out, he couldn’t fix the issue so an underground engineer had to come out the following day. I’m unaware if that engineer ever showed up. 

This week I’ve spent four days in a row trying to get this sorted. I was passed from pillar to post, no one was of any help. An engineer was supposed to have been here this morning, and on my account the fault is registered as fixed. Has the WiFi come back on? Of course not!!!!

the communication is terrible, I’ve never been treated this badly as a customer before, and quite frankly I want out of my contract so I can choose a new provider. It’s a joke. 

J Giblin
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi

The information I have given is taken directly from the Openreach system. We have access to Openreach systems here and can see the engineer reports from each engineer that they dispatch.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

This comes back down to terrible communication. I have spoken with multiple TalkTalk staff this week and no one mentioned any sort of fault that was affecting other customers. I’ve been told something different from every person I’ve spoken too.

J Giblin
0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi

Sorry for the poor service you have received.

The fault is still with Openreach, an engineer has been looking at this, and there is an existing network event on the copper line side of the network - that's Openreach language to say there is an outage affecting multiple customers in the area and it is currently being investigated.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Joanne52
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

I have updated those details.

J Giblin
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi Joanne52,

I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the service that you've received. Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes