cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Speed dropped below guaranteed.

yern01
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

After being fixed following an Openreach problem that lasted most of July, my Broadband download speed has dropped below the guaranteed speed again. Any idea what the problem is this time ?

yern01_0-1661004245519.png

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi

glad to see the speed is moving in the right direction.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

yern01
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 2 of 6

I've just checked and download speed is 37.37Mbps so OK Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Morning,

How has the connection/speed been since your last post?

Thanks

0 Likes

yern01
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

The download speed has improved to 35.33Mbps in  the test I've just done so I'll leave it for now.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi @yern01,

Is the speed to your router ok, or has that dropped too ?

If you go to the Service Centre what does it show for your ‘Estimated Speed’ and your ‘Measured Speed’. If you run a speed test (ideally from both a wired and wireless device so that you can compare), how close are the speed test results to that ‘Measured Speed’.

If the speed to your router has dropped it would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site. If you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

The Support Team here won't be around now until Monday, but they should be able to respond to this post early next week to help.

0 Likes