cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Sporadic calls from talktalk

DefaultName
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

Apologies if this isn't the right place, I wasnt sure where to post this. 

Every week or 2 I get a call from talktalk, each time on a random day and time, and each time there's only one call, and since its during the midday it's hard to prepare and open up time for the call since I have no idea when it will come. I also have no idea what it's about, thus it would be inconvenient to wait for long on hold calling talktalk when I have no idea what the calls are for. If you could please let me know what the issue is or at least let me know when you will call/call twice so I can be ready for the second one if I miss the first. 

Thank you very much

Kind regards and have a good day

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 2 of 11

Cool, thank you and have a good week ahead.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hi @DefaultName

It is a genuine number, however there is a chance that it has been spoofed, as there is no reason for us to call you. 

You should be able to block the number on your mobile. 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Ah okay, please do check and let me know. I only have broadband and no home phone connected, these calls are coming to my mobile, so no callsafe. 

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Let me double check the number,  we would never call you out of the blue for no reason.  Do you have callsafe on your line? 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Just as an update, I just received another call which I managed to answer, but after a few seconds of silence they just hung up. Just to check, the number I mentioned is an official talktalk number right?

Thank you

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Nope, no voicemails. When I try and call that number back it just says they will call back another time.

Weird that there's nothing on my account, I'll wait for the next one and update you if I manage to catch it. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Do they leave a voicemail?   there is nothing on your account that we need to speak to you about. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 11

Thanks for getting back to me.

The number is 08009555544

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 11

Hi @DefaultName

What number is calling you?  

There is no indication on your account that we are trying to call you.

0 Likes