cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

SAGEMCOM FAST5364 incorrect firmware back-revision

crustyg
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

Hi: Since before 07:00 Wed 6th April no Internet.  Have done diagnostics with firstline, they've referred me to second line.  Nothing has changed my end, L2 is up, router gets DHCP address so L3 outbound is working.  No packets leave from inside my network.

Finally noticed that someone has changed f/w on my device to SG4K100136 which IIRC is the oldest I ever saw.  I *was* on SG4K10002808t.  Screenshots to prove it.

So either I've been hacked or TT has messed up.

Please update f/w on my device to status quo ante - ASAP - as I've been without broadband for nearly 48h.  Thanks.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi crustyg

I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for letting us know.

Debbie

0 Likes

crustyg
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 2 of 12

Success, L3 traffic now transits the updated device.  Thanks.

Message 3 of 12

Hi crustyg

The firmware has now been updated, please let us know how the connection compares.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

crustyg
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 4 of 12

Yes please.

Message 5 of 12

Hi crustyg

Ok, would you like me to try the 2829 FW for you?

0 Likes

crustyg
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 6 of 12

I have a bunch of different machines that use, from time to time, several different VPNs from different vendors.  But the updated firmware doesn't pass L3 traffic from my side to public side with, or without VPN.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi crustyg

FW 2816 is an older version now so we wont be rolling back to this.

Firmware 136 is a new FW version and this fixed an issue with DNS reported on the old firmware.

The only reported issue we've had with 136 is VPN not working, but this is only with certain VPN clients and is not affecting all customers. The fix for this at the moment is FW 2829.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Hi Debbie: what I'd like is the solution most likely to get me back to a working system.  Why that can't be f/w 2816 isn't clear.

I'm not impressed with your QA if an unannounced f/w upgrade breaks things - and your staff can't spot it.  I've wasted a lot of time and effort on this, I have two folk who are WFH affected by this and I'm guzzling through mobile data allowances trying to work.  Yes, I'd like changes aimed at fixing the problem that TT has created done ASAP, please.  It's not as though I'm able to use my TT connection for anything....

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hi crustyg

I can try a different FW (this wont be 2816) Are you happy for me to do this now?

We advise to leave the router switched on without rebooting whilst we update the FW.

Thanks

0 Likes

crustyg
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 10 of 12

Hi Debbie: Yes, I was on 2816. Thanks.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Hi crustyg

Firmware version 136 is the latest firmware being rolled out.

Was your previous firmware 2816?

0 Likes