cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Started having problems on Thursday this week Why? (been working from home for couple of years)

sunshine67
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

We've been working from home since Covid started and had no problems at all.  Suddenly on thursday of this week our PPTP VPN will  not connect!  Our IT company have said they have another customer who are with talk talk and are having same issue, they have reported this problem and are being sent a new router........ could you tell me if you think we need a new router or is there some kind of router firmware update that could be applied remotely by Talk Talk ..... help please!!! We need this issue resolving as we need to work

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi sunshine67

I've made a change to your router firmware, please can you retest and let us know how the connection compares?

Thanks

Debbie

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 2 of 6

It is likely your router automatically upgraded its firmware, and this will be causing the VPN issues, if that is the case the support team here will be able to fix it for you by changing some settings in your router when they return on Tuesday.

What VPN software do you use, or is it the built in Windows 10/11 VPN ?

0 Likes

sunshine67
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 6

We have a SAGEMCOM FAST5364.3 if this helps 

0 Likes

sunshine67
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Thank you 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Forum staff are not on here at weekends and most won't be back before Tuesday, due to the Bank Holiday, @sunshine67.

All updates to routers happen remotely - it will help if you can specify which one you have. 

Also, complete your community profile by going via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard. 

If you can't wait for forum staff, support is available through Chat every day, and phone lines will open at 9am on Monday:

http://community.talktalk.co.uk/contactus

I'll remove your duplicate post. Please check forum guidelines!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.