cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Struggling to connect a Fritz Box 7590 Router to my TalkTalk broadband

SamB280105
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

Hi,

I'm having real issues connecting my new Fritz Box 7590 router to my TalkTalk broadband.  Can anyone help?

I have updated the settings as per the TalkTalk help page (i.e VLAN-ID to 101, VPI to 0, VCI to 38, set Encapsulation to PPPoA / VC-Mux set my username to my landline number@talktalk.net,)

I have spoken to TalkTalk support but they cannot help as it's not a TalkTalk router.

I've looked at old posts on the Community where people have had similar issues but the options must have been updated since then so do not relate to the settings available to me.

The router is connected to the DSL line as I can see the connection details via the Fritzbox app, but for some reason it is not connected/unable to access the internet.  Any ideas what I'm missing?

Many thanks,

Sam

  

InternectConnection.JPG

DSL.JPG

ConnectionSettings.JPG

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Message 1 of 3

Hi,

Thanks for your response.  Yes I have tried to leave them both blank as I saw that on another post but it won't allow me to leave the Username box blank.  I can leave the Password box blank though.

Thanks for your help,

Sam

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Have you tried leaving the Username and Password boxes blank as they are not required on VDSL connections ?

0 Likes