cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

TALKTALK WI-FI HUB Version SG4K100174 keeps dropping out Wi-Fi devices and it keeps crashing

Rainbow20
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 13

My wifi devices keep dropping out and the router is regularly crashing with both Wi-Fi and Ethernet devices being unable to go online, this has been happening for the past 3 weeks, this is not a new router and has not happened before.  The white light on the router remains throughout.

Any ideas please, my house will go into meltdown if we are without the internet for more time than it takes to eat dinner.

TIA

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi @Rainbow20 

How's the connection been? Do you still need help with this?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Morning Rainbow20

I've checked the connection stats this morning, the line is in sync at just under 50mb and there are no re connections showing.

How's the connection been over the weekend?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hi Rainbow20.

Thanks for your reply.

Please can you power down your router for 30 minutes (as this will start a new session) then can you keep the router powered up without rebooting.

I will check the connection stats/speed again on Monday and I will post back on this thread.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Rainbow20
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 13

Yes please, if you could keep an eye on our line that would be great.  We are having some speed issues, where it is jumping from around 25 to 46, I don’t know if this is expected while the system settles down again?  Thank you

Message 5 of 13

Hi Rainbow20

That's great 🙂

Would you like me to check in again with you next week to see how the connection has been? (so you can keep monitoring for a bit longer)

0 Likes

Rainbow20
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 13

Hello

Yes, thank you so much, we have received the router and we have been testing it over the last few days.  We are still finding devices that need to be connected, but so far so good.  However, we haven’t been home much to see if it is dropping out.  How long should we test it for?

Message 7 of 13
0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Hi Rainbow20

Thanks for your reply 🙂

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Debbie

0 Likes

Rainbow20
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 13

Hi Michelle, I think that is a great idea, thank you so much. 😊 

Message 10 of 13

Morning,

Thank you. I've run a test on your line now which is clear, however I can see a few re-connections on the line. The router also has the most recent version of firmware. As this is also happening to wired devices then I think we should send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out, would this be ok?

Thanks

Michelle

Rainbow20
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 13

I have updated my profile, thank you Michelle

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 13

Hi Rainbow,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes