cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

WiFi Optimisation causing internet connectivity problems

Bilspedition
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

I'm having problems with my internet connection dropping out (for a few seconds) for a number of my devices (Amazon Echo, Nintendo Switch, FireTV). I have a Sagemcom fast 5364 router (running SG4K100174) and have read on a number of TalkTalk Community feeds that other customers have experienced similar problems. It seems 'WiFi optimisation' is the problem. With this switched off the problem goes away, but this is only configurable by TalkTalk. I spoke to TalkTalk yesterday (4 March 2024) and was told that 'WiFi optimisation' is now disabled but the problem persists. Can you please check this is disabled this for me. Thank you.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Bilspedition

No problem 🙂

If you do experience any further issues the please let us know.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Bilspedition
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

A quick update on this. Now Debbie-TalkTalk has disabled 'WiFi Optimisation' for my router I have seen no drop-outs on my Amazon devices. Thank you for the fix.

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hi Bilspedition

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I've now switched the WIFI optimisation off, you don't need to power down the router for these changes to take affect.

Please let us know how the connection compares.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Bilspedition 

Thank you for creating a new topic 🙂

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, I can then switch off the WIFI optimisation.

0 Likes