cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

TT box not working

tim summers001
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Box reports it can't see broadband. I suspect one of the power line modems has failed. One shows power light and the network flashes. The other one does not show power or network lights. It does show a pairing light when the button is pressed however. I've tried complete modem,router and box power cycle. I've tried the internal reset to no avail. I also note the suspect modem is cold. The other is quite warm.

How do I get a replacement modem?

Thanks Tim

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Tim

I'll get a set of adapters out to you and see if this helps.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

Can you test your set top box with a direct ethernet cable from the router, if only temporarily?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hello,

I still cannot use my STB as its not receiving BB. Karl sent me a new router and I've had an engineer visit. The conclusion is that one of the power line adaptors has failed. How do I get a replacement?

thanks Tim

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Hi Tim

I am seeing a possible issue on the line.  I've a router on the way to you so that any hardware issue is rule out and if issues continue with the replacement, then we can proceed to an engineer visit for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi @tim summers001,

Just to check, are you just saying that one of your powerline adaptors has failed, these adaptors are not modems, so just wanted to double check, to make sure we can understand what bit of hardware has failed. The TalkTalk box that is connected to your phone socket is the modem (and is probably also the router as well, unless you have a separate router). Is your internet connection itself still working ok (i.e. the box that is connected to your phone line is working ok), can you still access the internet ok from devices that don't rely on the suspect powerline adaptor.

0 Likes