cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Talk talk broadband not allowing My4 (channel 4) streaming

Nicamstero
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 15

Hi, very recently all attempts to watch content in My4 / Channel 4 app are unsuccessful with a "4001 stream geoblock" error message. This happens on all devices connected to the talk talk broadband router, tried on two different make and model smart TV's as well as a mobile phone. When disconnectedfrom broadband and instead using a mobile data connection the same phone works fine.

Any known issue or available fix please? 

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Pleased to hear it worked.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Hi

Glad this has helped.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Nicamstero
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 15

Hi all, sorry about the delayed response. The 30 minute outage has resolved the issue. Managed to agree an outage window earlier today! Thanks for your help and advice, much appreciated.

Message 4 of 15

Morning,

How are you getting on? Have you tried powering down the router for a full 30 minutes?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 15

@Nicamstero have you had a chance to try rebooting the router? If so did it help?

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).

Message 6 of 15

Ah OK. I know the advert server problem seems to be still cropping up, sadly. But that's not the issue here, thanks again, anyway.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

@ferguson It was on the old YouView forum, sadly now defunct, that it was reported.

It's also where the Advert V Programme server issue was highlighted.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

@fr8ys 

OK, that's interesting, thanks, I never knew that. Where have you seen this?

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 15

C4 have been known in the past to not recognise UK IPs.

Resetting the router should hopefully assign a new IP.

Good luck.

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 15

Maybe non-TalkTalk DNS servers may help, but I don't honestly know if this could be the issue.? Definitely try a full 30 minute switch off though, the rest of the household permitting!

Message 11 of 15

Just checked here, working fine, The Simpsons is on!  🙂

Nicamstero
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 15

Would also be interested to hear if any other talk talk broadband users are streaming from the channel 4 app at the moment

0 Likes

Message 13 of 15

Thankfully for the reply. Yes I agree with you that the error code is described as thought not to be in The UK. 

I'm not using a VPN and I've just checked the Public IP my router has been assigned is stating based in GB using online IP checking utilities. 

I did a very quick router reset last night, but it was offline for less than a minute. Didn't spot whether or not a new public IP got assigned. I'll have to negotiate a slightly longer outage with my family first!

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 15

It sounds like the 4 app think you are not in the uk. C4 will not allow anyone outside the UK to view its content.

I'm assuming you are not using a VPN as this can also give this message. If so turn this off.

Try turning your router off for at least 30 mins to reset the IP session to see if this clears the problem.

Please let us know how you get on

0 Likes