cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Transferring from Shell Broadband

bumbly11
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Anyone else noticed a drop in Broadband speed since transferring from Shell?

While with Shell, my Broadband speed for downloads was about 56mb/s and was stable without any disconnects. As soon as the transfer to TalkTalk took place, my speed dropped to 34 and than 25. I complained and for a week it was than at 60mb/s. Then, it dropped back down to 25 and has been at 14 (13.9) since. My upload speed is about 17. I have spoken to TalkTalk about this, but so far there has been no reply other than to say that as a valued customer, I should be getting a better service than this. I am almost tempted to pay the money and go to another supplier.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

@Minimad2468, if you want to query your bill, please start your own thread in the billing section for staff to look into the issue. 

Find the billing message board and click on start a topic to begin your own thread. 

If you were with Shell previously, when phoning  / using Chat, ask to speak to the Shell Migration team. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Minimad2468
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

I’m having exactly the same problem (as well as other complaints with TalkTalk).
Speed today is 30mbps.

My £23.31 package was going to £30+. I complained and was promised a £25 credit and an amendment to my contract to bring it down to £23. Needless to say, no credit made onto the account or a new contract for £23 showing.  

Just spent 30 minutes trying to get someone to understand my concern about the broadband speed but because of the language barrier, he’ll call me back

I still have some days left of the cooling period.  Think it might be safer to just move to another provider.  TalkTalk are a joke

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi bumbly11

I'm sorry to hear this.

Can I just check, if you reboot the router does the speed increase again?

0 Likes