cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

URGENT My University need to access my laptop to help with tech support but its blocked!

carly12
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

I am not techy so no idea what is blocked but i urgently need you to unblock third party access to my laptop so my IT tech support for University can fix or assist my tech problems with my laptop, printer and software remotely as i study at home. This is urgent as i have important deadlines and an exam soon.

I rang talk talk tech support yesterday and the man had no idea how to do it but said it was a VPN issue? Because he couldnt sort it and whatever he did did not fix the issue, he told me to ask on here which is ridiculous! He then got cut off because of the terrible reception! I had asked him to call back if we got cut off. He said he would but never bothered!

I really can not afford to wait around for this issue to be solved, my uni tech help need to access my laptop now!!

If it does not get sorted soon, i have no choice to but use a different provider for braodband so please help asap!

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi Carly12

Did the above info help, is all ok now or is assistance required ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 3

Hi

If a third party is trying to access your laptop through some kind of remote access software, this can be blocked by Scam Protection.

Log into My Account and under Your Security Settings, turn off Scam Protection to allow a trusted third party to connect.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes