cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Upgrading to 900 , What hardware should Customer receive ?

milothemilitant
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Hi and sorry to bother you all 

Had a door to door salesman the other day upsell connection to 900 from 500 and he said I would receive another node

He passed onto the phone sales team who indeed confirmed that but said I would receive 3 extenders ( I'm guessing Eero's ) I have however received another eero pro router and have a connection date of today now for the new 900 meg line 

Should I disconnect the original router and fire up the new one that was delivered yesterday . Or is this the extended network and fire it up in the other side of the house . Checking and still on a 500 line after reboot so don't know If I should connect the newly delivered one to the ONT 

On hold atm . Just wondering how other users have received hardware wise 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks 🙂

Message 2 of 5

have to phone back tomorrow as system was playing up . But yeah CSA guessed order was correct 

Not been upgraded to the 900 line atm but was told to fire up the eero as it should be fine so did so 🙂 . Gonna test it in the garden when the rain stops  

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

Hi @milothemilitant 

Not a problem.

Future Fibre 500 via the Openreach network qualified for an eero Pro 6 router.

Future Fibre 900 via the Openreach network qualifies for an additional eero Pro 6 router.

Future Fibre 900 plus Total Home Wi-Fi via the Openreach network qualifies for additional eero Pro 6 routers as required to offer the Total Home Wi-Fi service.

Hope that's OK?

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi

You can set up the equipment to your own preference, you can keep using the router at the main socket and use the other Eero to extend your coverage if this is your preference.

Please let us know what our colleagues advise on your call.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.