cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

VPN CONNECTION ISSUE ( GENERIC ROUTING ENCAPSULATION (GRE) PROTOCOL PACKETS ERROR)

emmelville
Participant
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Hi, 

I'm experiencing issues connecting to my work VPN, I have seen a couple similar threads that suggest a firmware update is required. Is this something you can aid with?

Router: FAST 5464-1.T4

Software Version: SG4K100136

Links to prev threads:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/VPN-CONNECTION-ISSUE-Generic-Routing-Encapsulation-GRE...

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/VPN-connection-issue/td-p/2872768

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi emmelville

I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for letting us know :slightly_smiling_face:

I have also sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

emmelville
Participant
Private Message
Message 2 of 8

Yep all good now, cheers

Message 3 of 8

Hi emmelville

This issue should now be resolved, please can you retest?

Thanks

Debbie

Message 4 of 8

Hi emmelville

Thank you. I'm just taking a look at this and I will post back as soon as I have further information.

Debbie

emmelville
Participant
Private Message
Message 5 of 8

Have updated profile accordingly

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hi emmelville

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi @emmelville,

That new version of firmware has caused VPN issues for several customers, the support team here will probably be able to fix it for you by changing your router to a slightly different version of firmware.

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.