cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

VPN Issues

Nattyg69
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

Hi

I can see that this seems to be a common problem but I am having issues with my VPN, I cannot connect at all.  I have checked with my IT department and all settings on my laptop are correct, can someone help check the firmware on my router please?  I have not been able to access my work from home for the past few weeks and have tried resetting router etc.  Thank you.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Nattyg69

I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Thank you so much - all working again!

Message 3 of 7

Hi Nattyg69

Thanks for your reply.

I've made a change to your router firmware, please can you retest and let us know how the connection compares.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi Michelle, thanks for getting back to me. I'm not at home today so you can do this anytime - I just won't be able to test to see if problem is fixed until later this evening.

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Hello,

I'm sorry for the delay. We can make a change to the router firmware, however this can take up to 20 minutes and the router cannot be rebooted or switched off during this time. When would be the best time to do this today?

Thanks

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi @Nattyg69,

If you have the Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub then this will probably have been caused by the firmware upgrading to a new version.

What VPN software do you use, or is it the built in Windows 10/11 VPN ?

The support team here will be able to help, if you do have the Sagemcom they will probably be able to fix it by changing some router settings, they will hopefully be able to reply when they return on Monday.

0 Likes