cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

VPN Not Working

Bobski92
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

Hi,

We have recently had a new VPN set up at work and I cannot connect through my Talktalk router.

When connected to hotspot on my phone (Vodafone) it works perfectly.

Has anyone else had this or have any ideas why this has stopped working? I have read a few articles on here about the router being the issue?

My router is a TalkTalk Wifi Router Ver. SG4K10002816t

Many thanks

Rob

Many thanks,

Rob
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Rob

I'm sorry to hear this.

Have you tried the HomeSafe settings suggested by Skynet_TX?

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 2 of 7

There are a few tips mentioned in this article like turning off HomeSafe etc. Would be worth checking that article. But if those tips don't help then hopefully the staff here might be able to assist when they pick this up tomorrow.

Message 3 of 7

hey Skynet

To be honest with you, I have just been using TeamViewer up until now. But they have cancelled our subscription to that as they moved us to SmartVPN!

Many thanks,

Rob
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 4 of 7

ok, the world of 'Apple' is a mystery to me, so I'll leave this one to the staff here to respond to !!

You say that your company have set up a new VPN, so does that mean you have been able to get onto a different VPN using this same MacBook and this same router ?

Bobski92
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Hey Skynet_Tex

Thanks so much for the quick response!

So I am on a MacBook Pro, but I am trying to connect using a program called SmartVPN then use Microsoft Remote Desktop  after I have connected to my works router. 

I hope that makes sense, I'm sorry but I'm not overly tuned into these things!

I have updated some of my credentials on my community profile as you mentioned so hopefully they come back to me.

Thanks once again,

Rob

Many thanks,

Rob

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi @Bobski92,

The Sagemcom router that you have can sometimes have issues with VPN connectivity, however that tends to be a problem with the brand new firmware (SG4K100130) which your router does not yet have. The version of firmware you are on does not tend to have problems.

Do you know what VPN software you are using, or do you just use the built in Windows 10/11 VPN ?

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk staff on this community can see your profile details).

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.