cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

VPN and Whatsapp not working.

rajkp
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

Hi, 

On my iPhone I am unable to connect to whatsapp on wifi at all. everything else works. I was unable to make whatsapp calls on wifi on my android phone and my partner is also unable to make whatsapp calls. however her messages do come through. 

Also an issue is I am unable to connect using VPN most of the time. every now and again it does connect but not for long. 

How can this be sorted? firmware update? Thanks. 

RAJ

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi

Medium is the default firewall setting.

Glad it's working now.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

rajkp
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 12

The firwall set to medium has solved both my issues. many thanks to you both. 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 12

The firewall should be set to medium on the 5364. If that doesn't work, then I will need to know which VPN Client app that you are using.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

rajkp
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 12

I have re-tested and neither is working still. 

I do have the Sagemcom FAST 5364. 

Firewall is set to custom for some reason, pretty sure I've not done that, is that the default? 

Cheers, 
Raj 

0 Likes

rajkp
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 5 of 12

I have re-tested and neither is working still. 

I do have the Sagemcom FAST 5364. 

Firewall is set to custom for some reason, pretty sure I've not done that, is that the default? 

Cheers, 
Raj 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi Raj

Have you had a chance to retest ?  

Does the VPN work now ?

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi Raj,

The router is now running with the latest firmware, reboot your devices when you can and retest and let me know please.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Hi Raj, 

I'll update your router firmware this morning, to the later version V158.

I'll post back as soon as this is completed.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

I Have updated that now. 

Many thanks, 
Raj 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 12

Please can you elaborate by answering these few questions:-

1. What make/model of router do you have (if this is a TalkTalk router, these details will be on a label on the rear or underside of it)?
2. What firmware is it running?
3. If you have the Sagemcom FAST 5364 router, what firewall level is it set to,? It needs to be on medium, not high.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Hi

Can you please add your home phone number or Account number to your Community Profile. 

We will not attempt to call you, this is so we can locate your account and run tests on your line if you are reporting a fault.

We will then reply via this thread in our Community with any further advice or next steps.

If unsure of your phone number, and if your line is working simply dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you.  Alternatively these details can be found within My Account online or may be on the heading of any paperwork you have received.

Please post back on this thread when this has been done.

Thanks

Karl.  

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes