cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

VPN blocked

Jmarson
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

I have been using a VPN for work for 18 months without issue. I tried to connect this morning and it is being blocked. My IT department have tried everything and there is no issues their end and have said it is being blocked by TalkTalk

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi Jack

I have ordered the router and you should receive this within the next 24-48hrs.

I will also speak to our Complaints Team in regards to your complaint.

This help page also provides some further information Raising a complaint

0 Likes

Jmarson
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 11

Debbie, this really isn't good enough, please can you pass me details to make an official complaint. In the times we are in with the Prime Minister advising people to work from home, you cannot expect people to be unable to work due to a "firmware update". Please can you send me a new router on a 24hr deliver and provide me with tracking details. I will also await complaint details.

Regards

Jack 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hi Jmarson

Our Products Team are investigating if this issue is related to the routers firmware update and certain VPN clients.

The only fix at the moment would be to send a different router, apologies for this.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Jmarson
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 11

Debbie, I cant really afford to wait for a new router. This router has never had an issue before, why would it need changing now?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hi Jmarson

Thanks for the additional information.

I think we should send a different router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

0 Likes

Jmarson
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 6 of 11

Thanks Debbie, I have updated my profile. We use Microsoft PPTP. I used a friends Wifi last night and connected fine so the issue is definitely with Talktalk. Thanks

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 11

Hi Jmarson

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then look into this further.

Can you also confirm which VPN client you are using?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 8 of 11

Hi @Attridb,

For the staff here to be able to help you will need to start your own topic on the community, as the staff here can only help one customer per topic. You would also need to complete your community profile in the way that I have described in my reply above so that the staff can identify you.

Attridb
First Timer
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

We have the same issue. Worked fine until this morning. IT department have said it is not the VPN client and asked us to test on a different provider. We tested it on a Plusnet WIFI and connected straight away. Tried again on TalkTalk still not working. IT department says there is an issue at Talk Talk. Frustrating to say the least. Not been able to work all day. Checked everything and no joy

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 10 of 11

Hi @Jmarson,

What model of router do you have ?

What VPN software are you using ?

Have you checked the tips here, particularly the Homesafe settings, just in case they have been magically switched on !

If you are currently trying to connect from wireless devices then is it possible to try from a wired device, to see if the VPN works over a wired connection.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes