cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

VPN connection Problem

Elena15
First Timer
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Hi everyone, I have the exact same problem as a few other people here. I lost connection with my work VPN after 2 years of connecting without any issues. As I saw few other people faced the same issues caused by the router firmware. I tried to speak with an agent through the online chat but the problem still exists.  He suggested resetting my router to factory settings and if there were any new firmware updates will do it at midnight. Unfortunately, my firmware is still the same and I still can't connect to VPN. Today, I brought my laptop to work to connect with the Wi-Fi and the VPN connected successfully. Can anyone please help me with that as I have days that I have to work from home and I am not able?

Thanks a lot. 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 1 of 8

@MisterDiPY The support team here will be able to help you on the new topic that you have now created

0 Likes

MisterDiPY
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 8

Hi Debbie, I replied on a different thread but I'm not sure whether you received my reply because my email wasn't verified. I have been struggling to get this resolved via the phone support or webchat, I was hoping you could update our router firmware to work with PPTP VPNs? If you could do this that would be most appreciated as my wife is currently unable to access her files from home

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi Elena15

Ahh thank you. You too 🙂

Debbie

Message 4 of 8

Thank you so much for your help @Debbie-TalkTalk 

I will try to connect when I will go back home and if I still have a problem I will contact you again. 

Have a great day! 😊

Message 5 of 8

Hi Elena15

Thank you 🙂

All updated, please can you retest and let us know how the connection compares.

Debbie

Elena15
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk ,

Thanks for your quick response.

If I'm not needed to be home, you can do this anytime works for you. 

Thank you

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi Elena15

Thank you for creating a new topic.

I will need to make a change to your router firmware, when would be the best time to do this?

We advise to leave the router switched on without being rebooted whilst we update the FW, this should take no longer than 15 minutes to update.

Thanks