cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

VPN connection not working

Skinner123
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 21 of 21

Hi, 

I was able to connect to my work VPN last week with no issues and today it has not let me connect. I spoke to my company's IT department who have said that they have had other people with talktalk issues with the VPN not working. 

As far as i am aware nothing has changed with the router since last week.

I have tried phoning talktalk but have been told everything is fine. Except, its not fine as its not letting me connect to the VPN. Has anyone had the same issue and how have you resolved this?

Thanks!

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20

Message 1 of 21

Hi robhansel,

Please start your own thread and we'll be happy to help

Chris

0 Likes

robhansel
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 2 of 21

hi i have the same issue, 

TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub

Sagemcom 50001

version SG4K100136

hardware version FAST5364 3.00

software version SG4K100136

VPN configured is PPTP

Our  VPN Works OK when connected to other wifi & mobile hotspot - just not on TalkTalk from home router.

We have gone through all the line checks, reset, firmware updates and none of it works, customers services cant help and we cant get a call back on it.. does anyone know resolution please..?

R Hansel
0 Likes

Message 3 of 21

Hi Skinner123

I'm sorry to hear this.

As you have now tested with different routers we would ideally need you to test on a different connection/line?

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 4 of 21

@gary welch, if you would like help from the support team here about a similar issue, you would need to start your own topic here on the community and explain exactly when problems you are having.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 5 of 21

Have you been able to test that you can connect to the VPN from that same device if the device is connected to the internet in a different way, i.e. tethered to a mobile phone 4/5G connection, or connected to someone else's home internet, just to eliminate something having changed on the device that could be causing the problem. 

0 Likes

Skinner123
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 6 of 21

Hey, 

I’ve received and plugged in the new router and connected to it. The VPN still isn’t connecting though! It’s the SSL VPN Tunnel type through Drayrek Smart VPN client

thanks  

0 Likes

Message 7 of 21

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Skinner123
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 8 of 21

Thank you, I will let you know!

0 Likes

gary welch
First Timer
Private Message
Message 9 of 21

Exactly the same for me, was working before but wont let me connect anymore, frustrating.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 21

Hi

Router is on the way, connect it up when it arrives, and test the VPN and let us know.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Skinner123
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 11 of 21

Hi

Yes please! What do i need to do with it?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 12 of 21

Hi Skinner123

I will need to send a Huawei WIFI hub to see how the connection compares. Are you happy for me to arrange this?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 21

Hi Skinner123

Thank you. I will keep you updated as soon as I receive a reply.

Debbie

Skinner123
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 14 of 21

hey, it’s Draytek Smart VPN Client 5.5.1

thanks for your help so far 

Message 15 of 21

Hi Skinner123

Can I also confirm which VPN client you are using?

Message 16 of 21

Hi Skinner123

Apologies for this. I've checked and the firmware has updated to the correct version.

I'm just checking this with our Products Team and I will post back here as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Skinner123
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 17 of 21

Hey, it’s still not connecting! 

0 Likes

Message 18 of 21

Hi

Test the VPN now, I've made a change.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Skinner123
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 19 of 21

Hi, I’ve added my number now, thanks! 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 20 of 21

Hi

Can you please add your home phone number to your 'Community Profile' so I can pick this up for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes