cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

VPN connection stopped working

Julessacha
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 25 of 25

Hi,

my VPN connection to work has stopped working and I am getting a message “A connection to the remote computer could not be established, so the port used for this connection was closed”. It was working fine until yesterday and hasn’t worked since. I am able to connect using other networks so guess this must be to do with my router. I have had the router a couple of years and all has been fine.

Please can you help as I need to be able to work from home and can’t at present.

Thanks

Julian

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24

Message 21 of 25

Hi Skynet, yes to all of the above. I have spoken to an advisor on live chat and they are sending me a new router. Hopefully that will sort it.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 22 of 25

Do you have the Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub ?

If you browse to http://192.168.1.1/ does the 'version' towards the bottom of the screen say SG4K100130 ?

What VPN software are you using, is it the built in Windows 10/11 VPN ?

If yes to all of the above, you may be suffering from a known issue affecting that new version of firmware for the router.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes

Julessacha
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 23 of 25

Hi Karl,

added number now

thanks

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 24 of 25

Hi

Can you please add your home phone number to your 'Community Profile' so I can pick this up for you.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes