cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

VPN suddenly not connecting

Kayleighm13
First Timer
Private Message
Message 14 of 14

Work VPN was working fine yesterday. Today won't connect.

Work IT have looked at it, recreated etc. Still not working.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi @AAK956

Please can you create a new topic on the Community, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

AAK956
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 14

I also have the same problem of VPN connection no longer working. It's not a work issue. I can access VPN connection through wifi of another talktalk customer, but can no longer access through my own wifi.  It's been working for two years until last week.  I've spoken to talktalk customer services team TWICE and they tell me there's nothing wrong and everything is up-to-date.  Yet still all of a sudden the VPN connection is not working.  I see that a firmware update is being offered to people with a similar issue.  Is there anyone at talktalk that can help me?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hi Kayleighm13

I've made a change to the firmware on the router. Please can you retest and let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 4 of 14

Hi @Kayleighm13,

The support team here on the community can only contact you by posting back here, they won't phone you directly (the only reason they were asking for a landline phone number was as a way of identifying the account).

They won't be back here until Monday, but they should be able to help more then.

If the router is the Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub then it is quite likely a firmware upgrade to the router has caused the problem, as several customers are being affected by similar issues, if this is the case the support team here may well be able to resolve the situation by making another change to the firmware on the router when they are back next week.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Details updated. Problem persisting. VPN works fine at another house (boyfriends mother's) who has a different ISP (Sky). Work IT provider have advised that it is most likely an issue with yourselves (TalkTalk). Please contact my boyfriend tomorrow to resolve this. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Do you know the account number?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

I do not know the landline number I'm afraid. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

@tony63 and @mwnci, can you please start your own threads and we'll be happy to help

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Thanks Kayleigh but could you add the TalkTalk landline telephone number so that we can identify the line on our systems

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

Done. Put boyfriend's number on there as it's him having the issue. 

0 Likes

tony63
First Timer
Private Message
Message 11 of 14

Yes me too was able to connect routinely to work account until a few days ago. Can still connect through a different wifi system and through a vodafone dongle. VPN provider says problem not their end. Talk talk ( 1 hour plus through chat with no resolution) says my system working fine. Plainly not as I cant connect through talktalk router but can everywhere else. anyone out there that can help. ?

0 Likes

Message 12 of 14

The same has happened to me today, similar problem. Work IT can find no issue.

Chris Morgan
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 14

Hi Kayleigh,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes