cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Very very slow wifi

3 REPLIES 3
Sightseer

My talk talk wifi has been incredibly slow over the past couple days.

I have ran some speed test and I only receive around 1.5mps download speed sometime even lower around 0.5mbps.

The broadband we are using is around 1 year old but it still shouldn’t be that slow.

I require urgent help with this tremendously slow wifi or I will simply just leave talk talk.

I live around Plumstead, London.

I just ran a speed test now 12th January 2020 (21:48) and I got a speed of 0.94mbps and 0.81 upload

Thank you.

Conversation Starter

Hi

Plumstead brings back memories used to work at the exchange in Spray St Woolwich around 50 years ago

Try the automated Service Centre & see what results you get https://www.talktalk.co.uk/help/servicestatus/ - Make sure your router is plugged into the Master telephone socket - Unplug all phones, extension leads etc & all devices on your network (turn off mobiles, Ipads etc) then run test again - When you've tried that contact Talktalk Service & you'll be able to answer their questions. Hope you get it sorted soon.

Community Star

@samuel24s, you need to complete your community forum profile details for TT staff to identify your account. It's important to add your Talktalk landline phone number. 

Please go via your avatar/name; settings; Profile Wizard. 

Staff reply Monday to Friday, during the day.

They will be able to look into the download speed for you. The upload speed is normal for basic "Fast Broadband".

Gliwmaeden2
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi samuel24s

Update your 'Community Profile' and we can look at this for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE