cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Vpn not working through router

Sheep19
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

Hi my work laptop won't connect to the VPN through my WiFi it says the below. It does connect through my mobile network so the issue has to be with the router setup.

The VPN connection between your computer and the VPN server could not be completed. The most common cause for this failure is that at least internet device (for example, a firewall or a router) between your computer and the VPN server is not configured to allow Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE) protocol packets. If the problem persists, contact your network administrator or Internet Service Provider."

Help please. Thanks

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi Sheep19

I've made a change to the router, try the VPN and let me know if it's working.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 2 of 3

Hi @Sheep19,

If you have the Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub then this will probably have been caused by the firmware upgrading to a new version.

The support team here will be able to help, if you do have the Sagemcom they will probably be able to fix it by changing the firmware, they will hopefully be able to reply tomorrow.

0 Likes