cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

What our TalkTalks settings to setup a different Routers

Message 11 of 11

Hi there,

I am trying to set up my own TP-link router as the TalkTalk ones DHCP failed. I have looked through the articles and entered the recommended settings but getting no where. Anyone managed to use their own router and do you have the required settings?

JP Gadsdon
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 11

What are the other choices in the dropdown menu where it says PPPoE? Is there an IPoE option, or maybe DHCP?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Yes it's in the options to select in  ISP provider

JP Gadsdon
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 11

Does TP-Link actually say it is compatible with TalkTalk's ADSL service?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Thanks, that was the article I followed no joy. Do TalkTalk have to accept the connection or do something at their end?

JP Gadsdon
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 11

Tick ADSL not VDSL (Fibre To The Cabinet).

Then follow the Non-fibre broadband section below:-

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Set-up-a-non-TalkTalk-router/ta-p/2205383

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

Message 6 of 11

1000031134.jpg

JP Gadsdon
0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

I'm on copper broadband not fibre. It's an Archer, line straight in from the filter. Multiple options in settings PPPoE etc

JP Gadsdon
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 11

I am going to need more information then. What model TP-Link is it, and what package are you on? Does TP-Link say that it is compatible with your TalkTalk network?

Keith

0 Likes

Message 9 of 11

Thanks but I have bought it now🙄

JP Gadsdon
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

What make/model of TalkTalk router do you have? If it is faulty it can be replaced free of charge.

Keith

0 Likes