cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Wi fi disconnects daily

shvsgrey
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 11

Hi,  the WiFi signal from the supplied Sagemcom  Fast router has been disconnecting multiple times over the last 3 days.  My Ethernet connected devices remain unaffected. The router light remains a steady white. I have  reset the router back to factory settings but the WiFi problems still persist.  WiFi is lost on both 2.4 ghz and 5ghz channels. To get the WiFi signal back i have to switch the router off for 30 seconds and wait for the connection.  Once reconnected speeds are normal as expected. After a while of usage the Wifi disconnects  again and i have to start the process .

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

That's great shvsgrey, thanks for letting us know

Chris

0 Likes

shvsgrey
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 11

Hi Debbie, 

The router has arrived and the WiFi / broadband is now working again with a good connection and good speeds.  Over the weekend the old router failed  as I was only getting a flashing amber light and no connection.

All is good now though . I will send the old equipment back in the supplied prepaid package .

Many thanks again for your help and the fantastic service.

Message 3 of 11
0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Hi shvsgrey

Ahh thank you 🙂

I will check in again with you next week to see how the connection is with the new router.

Debbie

0 Likes

shvsgrey
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 11

Many thanks for your help Debbie , superb service, i will keep you informed regards the connection. Thanks again.

Message 6 of 11

Hi shvsgrey

No problem 🙂

The router is on its way (and a pre paid returns bag) please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

shvsgrey
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 11

Hi Debbie , yes please will there be a pre paid envelope to return the old one just in case it is the router ?

Thank you

Message 8 of 11

Hi shvsgrey

No problem. Would you like me to send out a router now?

0 Likes

shvsgrey
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 11

Hi Debbie,  thanks for quick response. There has been no router sent for testing for this issue. I had a replacement router sent out in August 2023 for a different issue (router would do nothing but flash)

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 11

Hi shvsgrey

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Have we recently sent you a replacement router for testing?

0 Likes