cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

WiFi dropping out randomly

PhilG
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 22

Good evening,

Over the last week I've noticed the WiFi keeps disconnecting on our mobile phones, one of the televisions and our security camera.

The router appears to be on and the white light is on at the front.

Any ideas what could be happening and is there any further info required to look into this at all?

I haven't noticed a decrease in download speed.

Kind regards,

Phil.

21 REPLIES 21

Message 1 of 22
0 Likes

Message 2 of 22

Hi Debbie,

Thank you - survey completed 🙂

Kind regards,

Phil

Message 3 of 22

Hi Phil

I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for letting me know 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 22

Good morning,

Just an update - had the new router setup since Monday evening and so far, no issues!

Must have been a problem with my other router.

Thank you for the support 🙂

Kind regards,

Phil.

Message 5 of 22
0 Likes

Message 6 of 22

Hi Michelle,

It was a bit of a hectic weekend so didn't manage to setup the new router, however I am planning on doing it tonight so should be able to report back in the next couple of days.

Kind regards,

Phil.

Message 7 of 22

Hi Phil,

Just checking back in to see how you're getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

Message 8 of 22
0 Likes

Message 9 of 22

Thanks Debbie - much appreciated and I will report back once it is all setup and tested.

Kind regards,

Phil.

Message 10 of 22

Hi Phil

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 11 of 22

Hi Michelle,

That would be really helpful if you could arrange that.

Please advise if you require any further details.

Kind regards,

Phil.

Message 12 of 22

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes? We would also send a routers return bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 13 of 22

Hi Michelle,

Just reinvigorating this thread. Unfortunately we haven't been able to get any WiFi boosters yet but I think the problem might be down to the router.

I've noticed that to reconnect my phone to my WiFi I have to get pretty close to the router, maybe indicating an issue with the signal range?

It is a daily issue now with our phones disconnecting from the WiFi and having to reconnect while next to the router.

Our WiFi camera upstairs keeps disconnecting too, which never used to happen.

Any thoughts? I don't have a different router to try unfortunately. 

Kind regards,

Phil. 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 22

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the update and please let us know how you get on.

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

Message 15 of 22

Morning Michelle,

Thanks for getting back to me - we are going to try buying some WiFi boosters to see if that has any effect.

Kind regards,

Phil.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 22

Hi Phil,

Would you like us to try switching the wifi optimisation on your router off so you can manaully adjust the wireless channels to see how this compares?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 17 of 22

Hi Michelle, 

Thanks for checking. The line does seem fine but it does disconnect certain devices sometime. We've only noticed it on our phones, the camera and one of the TVs. We can normally reconnect our phones shortly afterwards. 

Not sure why this would happen but maybe I should keep an eye on it for another few days or so?

Phil.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 22

Hi Phil,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the connection looks stable for 5 days. Is the wireless connection still dropping at the moment?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 22

@PhilG 

This has been flagged to the support team for you and they should pick it up when they are back online tomorrow.

@Animo23 

You mention "outages" rather than WiFi dropping out, as here. Either way, it is best for all issues to be looked at separately and individually, if you start your town topic the support team will be happy to help. 

0 Likes

PhilG
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 22

Luckily it has only really effected watching programmes on one of the TVs. Annoying that it keeps taking down our camera though and keep having to switch to 4g on our phones every now and again!

0 Likes