cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

WiFi keeps dropping out

macnirene
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 14 of 14

Up until the last couple of months WiFi was ok. Now It just stops a few times a day. I had the line checked and talk talk said everything was ok but it just keeps stopping!

13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Morning,

I'm glad to hear this and thanks for confirming 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Seems to be ok for now, thank you

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hi macnirene

Do you still need help with this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Hi macnirene

Sorry for the delay.

Did you take a look at the help page ferguson posted? (this shows how to check which master socket you have)

Could you connect the phone at the test socket?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

I don’t know what or where the test socket is

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

I don’t know what re-connections are and I am not aware of a test socket sorry

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Have you tried connecting at the test socket?:

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

The Service centre have done the tests and say there is no problem and the house phone is fine, with a normal dial tone. I do not know what else to do

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

Morning,

I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see quite a few re-connections on the line. Is there any noise on the voice service? Does your main socket also have a test socket please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 11 of 14

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to ‘run a connection test’ on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket inside it then you could also try the router in there (via a microfilter), that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

The support team here will be able to help further when they reply, hopefully tomorrow.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 14

The green light goes off then after a few minutes the red light comes on for a while. This can happen 4 or 5 times within an hour or two and interrupts whatever I am doing

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 13 of 14

Hi @macnirene,

Do you know if the problem is with the router losing its connection to the internet (in which case a light on your router which is normally constantly lit will change colour or flash), or is it that you are losing Wi-Fi connection between your device(s) and your router (in which case the light(s) on the router will just carry on looking normal).

Do you have any ‘wired’ devices, do they also lose connection ?

The TalkTalk Support Team on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes