cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Wifi but internet drops out?

dbeevers
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 24 of 24

Hi

For the past few months i've been having internet issues but only over wifi.

Its quite random when it happens and I only knew about it as I leave an echo on for the dog and when I got home it was off.

Over xmas and being at home I noticed it and found that even though the internet over wifi was off I could screen share over wifi from my laptop to my mac mini which is hard wired to the router and the internet was working.

Eventually it will come back on but its quite annoying.

I've been through all starts and reboots and moved the router and changed channels.

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

dbeevers
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 21 of 24

Hi, Think I've added the number.

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 22 of 24

Hi dbeevers

Please can you add your TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 24

If it is only over WiFi that the problem exists, it might be WiFi interference. Changing channels without investigating the state of them can make things worse. The problem is possibly only affecting one band with the laptop working over the other.

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal, or no signal on some or all devices, might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a by-product of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers much more from interference than the 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

If you would like me to help you, please can you specify the make/model of TalkTalk router that you are using?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?