cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Wifi connects but no Internet on some devices

Mark123456789
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 23 of 23

I've recently joined Talktalk and have Fibre 65 with Sagecom Fast router (software version SG4K100136).

I'm constantly having issues with devices remaining connected to WiFi but losing Internet connection. I've restarted router but still have issues. Sometimes a device will connect and work fine and the next day it says no Internet (despite other devices having an Internet connection).

Currently my laptop connects to friends WiFi and has Internet access but doesn't have Internet access when connected to home network.

I need to use my laptop for work so I really need to solve my broadband problem!

Please help!

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22

Mark123456789
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 21 of 23

I have used a WiFi analyser to see if I share same channel as other users with stronger signals, but my network is showing as the strongest.

Also I've renamed my 5ghz channel so I can choose between 2.4ghz and 5ghz connection and my laptop is denied Internet access for both. Yet my phone is in exact same location and has Internet access and good speed for both 2.4ghz and 5ghz WiFi connection.

I've read some posts that it may be due to the Sagecom router firmware (people have experience exactly the same probleml, so is it possible for my firmware to be checked and updated if necessary?

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 22 of 23

Hi @Mark123456789,

This could potentially be caused by Wi-Fi interference (e.g. a neighbour having a router broadcasting on the same, or similar, channel to yours).

You could try changing the channels that your router broadcasts the Wi-Fi signal on, you can use free smartphone Apps like this to see what channels are being used within range of your smartphone, you can then change your router to use channels that are less congested.

The Sagemcom router has a feature called 'Wi-Fi Optimisation', this means it can change the Wi-Fi channel itself, overriding what you have set it to, it can randomly do this after minutes, hours or days !. So if you do find a channel that works well, but then things go bad again, check to see if the router has changed channel to something different to what you set it to. If you do experience this problem then just post back here to ask the Support Team to disable the 'Wi-Fi Optimisation' on your router, once that is done it will stay on whatever channel you set it to.

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include :

• Your name
  • Landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on (this is shown in ‘My Account’) OR your account number if you have Full Fibre with no landline
  • An alternative contact number

This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.