cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Wifi connects but no Internet on some devices

Mark123456789
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 23 of 23

I've recently joined Talktalk and have Fibre 65 with Sagecom Fast router (software version SG4K100136).

I'm constantly having issues with devices remaining connected to WiFi but losing Internet connection. I've restarted router but still have issues. Sometimes a device will connect and work fine and the next day it says no Internet (despite other devices having an Internet connection).

Currently my laptop connects to friends WiFi and has Internet access but doesn't have Internet access when connected to home network.

I need to use my laptop for work so I really need to solve my broadband problem!

Please help!

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22

Message 1 of 23

Hello,

Ok thanks for the update.

Thanks

0 Likes

Mark123456789
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 2 of 23

Hi,

A quick update to say that I’ve resolved the issue by purchasing a third party  (TP-Link AC2100) VDSL/ADSL Modem Router. It was quick and easy to setup (simply select TalkTalk from drop down menu) and all my devices connected without any issues.

Been running a few days now and all devices (hard wired and wireless) have access to internet.

0 Likes

nophead
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 3 of 23

I think this answers your question Michelle:

"Yesterday my freeview box was denied Internet access when connected via ethernet but connected when I disconnected the ethernet cable and used WiFi instead."

0 Likes

Message 4 of 23

Morning,

Can I just confirm, is it just wireless devices which experience this issue? Would you like us to try switching the wifi optimisation off to see how this compares? You would then be able to manually change your wireless channel. We can always switch this back on for you.

Thanks

Message 5 of 23

Had similar issue recently, Debbie (TT support team) turned Wi-Fi optimisation off (apparently only TT can do this) and currently everything works fine after rebooting with new setting. See if this works for you. Cheers. 

AAP
0 Likes

Message 6 of 23

The light stays solid white the whole time and devices appear to be connected to the router (they show as connected devices when I access router GUI).

But for some reason some connected devices cannot access Internet (as if the DNS server is unavailable), despite other devices having Internet access.

Yesterday my freeview box was denied Internet access when connected via ethernet but connected when I disconnected the ethernet cable and used WiFi instead.

Rebooting the Router just means another device is denied Internet access instead.

The router I received for testing is being returned as it seems to behave same way.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 23

Hi Mark,

As Skynet says, you can use a third party router.

You should be able to use a lot more than 10 devices without any problems 

Does the light change on your router when the connection drops?

Chris

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 8 of 23

You are able to use a 3rd party modem/router if you wish, details on the settings you would probably need to change can be found here

0 Likes

Mark123456789
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 9 of 23

Hi,

Moving the router to immediately adjacent to incoming phone line made no difference and it seems that the replacement router behaves in the same way.

Today my works laptop was working okay over WiFi and then said 'no Internet'.

So I tried connecting directly to the router by ethernet cable and still no Internet.

Is there any information available about the maximum number of connected devices?

I chose the Fibre65 plan as I have more than 10 devices, one of which is an xbox via ethernet.

Whereas I think the lower package only supports up to 5 devices?

Is it possible for me to use a 3rd party router instead of the Sagemcom Fast F5364?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 23

Morning,

Just checking back in to see how the connection has been?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 23

Morning,

Ok thank you for the update and we will check back in with you in 48hrs to see if there has been any improvement.

Thanks

0 Likes

Mark123456789
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 12 of 23

Hi Debbie,

I received the replacement router but am experiencing the same problem.

So have now relocated the router so it's immediately adjacent to the phone socket and away from any potentially interfering devices.

Perhaps interference of nearby devices is causing the router to behave abnominally, so I'm hoping to verify if this is the case and will update soon.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 23

Hi Mark

How are you getting on, have you received the replacement router?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 14 of 23

Hi Mark

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 15 of 23

Hi,

If you can send another router fo testing then that would be great!

Many thanks

Message 16 of 23

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out? We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

0 Likes

Mark123456789
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 17 of 23

Hi,

Factory reset completed and issue moved from one device to another.

Is there a limit on how many devices are allowed Internet access?

Currently we have no media streaming and no gaming.

My network is mainly IOT and couple of phones.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 23

Morning,

Just to confirm, have you tried factory resetting the router and then re-setting this back up again?

Thanks

0 Likes

Mark123456789
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 19 of 23

I've tried different channels and managed to get Internet access on one PC, however the problem now moved to my other PC. It seems that my router randomly decides that one of my devices are refused Internet access. I've also discovered that although I have no Internet over WiFi I'm still able to use the home printer which is linked to the router via WiFi. So I don't think its an issue with blocked airwaves.

I've also tried connecting my PC directly to the router using ethernet cable and it still has no Internet access, but is able to see another device on the network.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 23

Hi Mark

I have switched off the WIFI optimisation, please can you test a few different wireless channels again?

Thanks