cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Wifi down for 5 days!!

Felicity3
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

Hello!

Following construction workers digging into the ground outside my house to fit virgins new services, my talktalk broadband has stopped working! I ran a test and got an email saying We've had a look at your connection and unfortunately found a problem between the exchange and your home’ they then said an engineer would come in 2-3 days, this was now 5 days ago and i’ve heard nothing since with no wifi! I will have no choice but to switch providers if this isn’t sorted soon, has anyone else had this or know how long it takes to resolve? 

Felicity
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi Felicity

There is an issue with the infrastructure, possibly impacted by the recent construction work.

This is currently in hand with Openreach, however there will have been a delay due to the Bank Holidays.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

@Felicity3  what service do you have and is it over the phone line ?

Is the phone service working ?

If the issue is an underground fault with the phone cable, changing ISPs to any other company that uses that line will just mean taking the issue with you.

With the Jubilee Bank Holidays I expect Openreach will have a backlog of faults to clear.

Staff will be back here tomorrow and playing their own game of catch up.

0 Likes