cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Wifi speeds since mid December 2022 have gotten much worse with zero sign of improvement

Cyberjynx
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 26 of 26

Since mid-December last year, my wifi speeds have gone from around 24ish Mbps to around 3 Mbps at most and have never recovered. I've tried most of the suggestions such as resetting the router, turning it off for 10+ minutes, repositioning the router, etc, but nothing worked. And this applies to all wifi devices within the home such as phones, tablets and smart TVs. I even had some friends who came around to visit and log in via their phones and test the speeds and it was the same result. Furthermore, there's nothing wrong with the signal. Max strength of five bars and never dips below that. Any idea what could be wrong? 

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

Message 21 of 26

Hi Cyberjynx

Do you still need help with this?

Thanks

Debbie

cooger
Team Player
Private Message
Message 22 of 26

Mate, do you, or anyone you know have a laptop and a spare ethernet cable (RJ45 to RJ45).  You might have one of the yellow cables from an old broadband setup lying around.  I would try running the laptop direct from the router (one of the LAN ports) and then do an Ookla speed test to see what that tells you.  This would at least exclude the possibility of the Wifi part of the setup being at fault if you got a slow speed on the network cable too.

Message 23 of 26

Hi Cyberjynx

Thanks for confirming 🙂

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, I can the take a look at this for you.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 24 of 26

Hello Debbie

Thanks for the quick response and yes, I have turned the router off multiple times and one of those times I did for a little over one hour.

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 25 of 26

Hi Cyberjynx

I'm sorry to hear this.

Have you also powered down the router for a full 30 minutes and then run a speed test?

Thanks

0 Likes